Buying a Home From Us

Buying a home is one of the big decisions in life. It is probably one of the largest financial and emotional commitments you will ever make. If you choose to make that commitment to buy your home from us at Whiteburn, we will make an equal commitment to you – to make the process as open and as easy as possible.

 

Step 1: Discover – Call, email or pay us a visit to find out more about life at Caerlee Mill.

Step 2: Decide – View the house types, plots and specifications, and decide which is right for you.

Step 3: Reserve – Once your finances are confirmed, meet our sales advisor and pay the £500 reservation fee to reserve your home.

Step 4: Familiarise – Talk to the sales advisor and site manager who will provide you with all the information you need about the house, the specification and the building process.

Step 5: Confirm – Once you’re fully informed, conclude the missive and pay the £2,000 deposit, no later than three weeks after reservation.

Step 6: Personalise – Dependent on the programme, personalise your home by choosing colours and selecting from the options available.

Step 7: View – Three or four days prior to legal completion, meet with the sales advisor who will show you around your new home and explain how everything works.

Step 8: Complete – On the date of legal completion, move into your property and start making it your home.

Step 9: Check – Report any snagging issues to the site manager who will visit you after three days and again after 10 days to check you are happy.

Step 10: Enjoy – Settle into your new home and start enjoying life in your new community.

 

If you’d like to know the detail, please read our Customer Charter for what to expect from us.

Thinking of buying a home at Caerlee Mill?

Pick up the phone

Send us an email

Come and visit our sales centre (opening soon)

The Scottish Government’s Help to Buy (Scotland) scheme could bring you one step closer to owning your own home at Caerlee Mill.

The scheme has been designed to help buyers secure a mortgage on a new build home with as little as a 5% deposit and the initiative is available to all buyers, not just first-time buyers.

The Scottish Government will contribute a maximum of 15% equity stake, with the remaining 85% made up of a 5% deposit contribution and an 80% mortgage from a bank or building society.

The assistance is available on new build properties up to a maximum value of £200,000 in Scotland, for completions taking place from 1st April 2017 up to 31st March 2019.

More information is available on the gov.scot website.

Ensure you’re getting the best possible deal by speaking to a mortgage expert. We’ve teamed up with the Mortgage Advice Bureau to provide you with the latest property news and offers.

Mortgage Advice Bureau online mortgage calculator.

You can also contact MAB using the following details:

Mortgage Advice Bureau Scotland, Centrum House, 114 Dundas St, Edinburgh, EH3 5DQ

E: Scotland@mab.org.uk

T: 0800 652 6649

W: www.mab.org.uk

Whiteburn is committed to providing all our customers with the very best standard of service and we strive to make every step of the house buying process as simple and straight-forward as possible. That’s why we’ve put together the following Customer Care Charter.